Caveat: It's almost certainly wrong in places, and doesn't account for Higgins.
Update: Neil Macehiter adds some details.
- Chuck's extension appears to require Firefox 2
- XMLDAP requires Java 1.5
- CardSpace on XP requires .NET Framework 3
- #1 is the all Microsoft scenario
- #2 ties Firefox into the Cardspace identity selector through the selector from Kevin Miller.
- #3 ties Firefox into Cardspace through Kevin's plug-in, but allows for the scenario of a user choosing to use a different identity selector than Cardspace
- #4 is Chuck Mortimer's Firefox plugin as an alternative identity selector to Cardspace.
- #5 is a non-Cardspace identity selector for Safari.