Friday, March 16, 2007

Da Vinci Code

I just listened to a BBC news article on the upcoming move by the UK National Health Service to electronic health records.

The NHS wants the health data available to medical professionals elsewhere in Europe so that, if a Brit is on holiday in Mallorca, the list of their medications or allergies etc can be accessed by the Spanish emergency room physician.

This was described by an NHS administrator as the 'Holy Grail'.

I expect that in the inevitable sequel to the Da Vinci Code, the plot will have Tom Hanks running around Europe gathering clues in order to decipher

'L I B E R T Y A L L I A N C E'.

Maybe I can get myself into one of the crowd scenes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Before you run down to the casting agency, I'd check where the filming will take place. If it's anywhere near where I live, my advice would be to decline the offer.

I say that purely because, should you fall ill while you're here, your chances of getting to a hospital within about 40 minutes are extremely slim.

Having a whizzo centralised database is all very well, but not much use if there are no medics near you who can query it.