Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Hong Kong Ultimate

It's very infrequently that I'm able to fit anything into a business trip other than the occasional dinner and the mandatory shopping trip.

Consequently, I'm really looking forward to being able to combine an upcoming trip to Hong Kong for a Liberty Alliance meeting with an Ultimate Frisbee tournament. The Hong Kong Ultimate Players Association is hosting the Hong Kong Pan-Asian Ultimate Tournament October 28-29 in Aberdeen Stadium.

I noticed that the Hong Kong league site would require me to create an account in order to post to the forums or comment. Maybe I can convince the Liberty Alliance to pay for my tourney fees and a disc if I can make a sale?

Sites considering hiring consultants & lawyers could save themselves some money by simply agreeing to abide by Ultimates' Spirit of the Game' guidelines
1. The golden rule: treat others as you would want to be treated.
2. Control: SOTG takes real effort.
3. Heckling and taunting are different.
4. SOTG is compatible with championship play.
5. Don't "give as you got."
6. Breathe.
7. When you do the right thing, people notice.
8. Be generous with praise.
9. Impressions linger.
10. Have fun.
I try to follow #3 in all aspects of my life.

No comments: