Thursday, October 19, 2006

Ontari-ari-ari-o

Ontario's (map courtesy of Muskie Ontario) Privacy Commisioner has released a paper outlining how to embed privacy into Microsoft's Identity Laws. (I actually thought the laws already had some privacy stuff in there, I guess we Canadians warrant Privacy 2.0?).

The great uncertainty (some doubt and a tiny bit of fear) I've been experiencing for the last little while has been resolved - the identity system I will use to avail myself of my province's online services appears to have been decided.

Update: $@^&$*# I knew it was too good to be true - the irony was just too sweet. www.gov.on.ca does work in Firefox. So, the para below is moot.

Small hiccup though. The Government of Ontario site doesn't (at least right now) work in Firefox. So, other compatible identity card selectors aren't an option for me. Oh well, I've had to manage two browsers before, I can do it again.

Give us a land of lakes
and a land of snow
And we will build Ontario
A place to stand, a place to grow
Ontari-ari-ari-o !

No comments: