Conseqently, I will try.
For full developer versimilitude, I see a sequence something like the following:
- purchase a Simpson's Desktop Calendar.
- download and install Wordpress.
- go watch a matinee showing of 'Star Wars - Revenge of the Sith'. Tell co-workers I'm going to the dentist.
- install Pat's library.
- complain about the stupidity of Product Managers.
- tell Product Management I need more time, citing the fact that they didn't account for the time difference with India.
- various 'parameter setting' and 'tweaking'
- pontificate on the subject of Java versus C++. Say things like 'You don't know what you are talking about - Java's inheritance sucks'
- complain to Pat about the quality of his documentation.
- do something involving 'source control'
- more tweaking
- pull an 'all-nighter' to finish
- delay 3 weeks before telling Product Management (use the time to learn Klingon)