Thursday, July 19, 2007

19 members and going strong

The Facebook group for 'ID Professionals wary of joining groups' is, perversely, continuing to add members.

I confess that when I originally conceived of the idea, I was thinking only of putting out a beta, paying for some nice reviews, and then positioning the group for acquisition by one of the larger anti-social groups. Pocket the proceeds and move on. Totally Group 2.0.

But the fact that people are joining makes me think that maybe this thing has legs and I need to revisit my strategy.

My marketing people are telling me that research into online social trends is clear - NOT joining groups is going to be the next big thing. Any technology that helps people not join social networks (or chat with friends, tell friends what they last ate, etc) can be huge.

And I already have a number of patents that might be relevant, e.g.
  • 'A Mechanism for Causing a Computing Device to Temporarily Cease Operations'
  • 'Unplugging of Wires in Order to Interrupt Digital Communications'

Tags:

1 comment:

Dave Kearns said...

'A Mechanism for Causing a Computing Device to Temporarily Cease Operations'

Um, doesn't Microsoft already own that one?

:)ave