Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Consenting Adults

I'm embarassed to say that I missed the sexual innuendo that Jeff hilited in my previous post on 'Consent Context Markup Language'.

My only defense is to point out that children use the Web as well; consent systems must deal with them as well. For myself, 'consenting children' just raises too many Grade 7 ghosts.

Jeff writes
Perhaps I am thinking of a different use case than Paul. He seems to be thinking about user’s viewing their own past consents. I am looking at it from an auditing standpoint.

I see such a syntax useful for both the 'user dashboard' and audit use-cases. We're defining a Reporting Service in the Liberty Alliance to support both.

I do so love being able to justifiably use a title and tag combination guaranteed to spike my readership.

No comments: