- Writing 'Domo Arigato Mr. Roboto' on the last slide of a deck is NOT considered appropriate for formal business meetings.
- Knowing how to ask 'Excuse me, where is Ibaya Street?' is very useful when you are trying to get to Ibaya Street. If that ever becomes the case I am well prepared.
- Subway attendants will let you past the turnstiles without paying if you look sufficiently confused.
- 'Honoured Colleague from Canada' is pronounced 'Gaijin'.
- 'Yakitori' is not a description of the Ontario election results.
Monday, October 15, 2007
Tips for Travelling to Japan
As I prepare for next week's Liberty Alliance & NTT meetings in Tokyo, I looked back on the Japanese language & custom tips I had jotted down for myself from my last visit.