Full article here but my hilites:
- the responsibilities for both delegating and accepting delegation are listed.
- some medical activities (e.g. prescribing a drug) cannot be delegated by a nurse.
- delegation chains are constrained.
- nurses must be appropriately certified for delegation. Different nursing classes can either delegate and accept delegation, accept delegation only, or do neither.
- the possibility of delegating authority to perform some act to an 'Unregulated Care Provider' (UCP), e.g. directing a family member how and when to change a dressing when sending a patient home.