Monday, September 22, 2008

Vittorio and me

Vittorio warns that a post listing the contents of a personal bookshelf contains no 'useful identity information'.

Au contraire my Redmond friend. Almost the first 3 books I saw on my own shelves were matches.


(Eternal Golden Braid's cover lost as a result of frequent 'frustration tosses' over the years).

These and other overlaps (e.g. Code Book, Linked, Black Swan, etc) in our reading identify Vittorio as a man of rare insight, intellect, and wit.

Vittorio, seeing your enthusiasm for narcissistic DNA, I feel safe recommending a story of retrograde motion.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Paul, thank you so much for the incredibly kind & entirely undeserved words... I am happy to be kept in such a high esteem from one of your caliber :-) rest assured, it is entirely reciprocated!
I do have the Ancestor's Tale in the "to read" purgatory shelf, together with The God Delusion. Eventually I'll bring it for some long flight... ;-)