I have a valid Canadian passport, do I need a visa? Not at all clear from the novel below.
GOING TO SWEDEN
How do I apply?
Based on a global agreement on division of labour between the Nordic countries, the processing of visa applications in Canada for travellers going to Sweden is handled by the Embassy of Denmark in Ottawa.
You can apply for a visa at one of the Swedish Consulates around Canada or at the Embassy of Denmark in Ottawa.
Visiting as a Tourist
You may be granted a visa if the Embassy judges that you intend leaving the Schengen zone after your visit.
Please notice that if you are a Canadian citizen holding a valid Canadian passport, you do not need a visa for a tourist visit not exceeding 90 days.
When applying for a visa for Sweden, you must submit all of the following documents:
- Application for Schengen Visa (form #119031).
- Application for supplementary Visa Application (J1-Form)
- Appendix D: Family appendix for applicants (form #201031).
- Valid passport (must be valid at least 3 months after trip to Sweden). Please note the following The Canadian Certificate of Identity (brown cover) is NOT valid for travel to the Schengen countries. The Canadian Travel Document (blue cover) IS valid for travel to the Schengen countries with a visa. The validity of travel documents should exceed that of the visa by at least 6 months.
- Permanent Resident Card or other permit for Canada (employment authorization, visitor's record etc).
- One passport photograph size 3,5 x 4,5 cm - full face, colour, light background, not more than 6 months old, bareheaded unless special religious reasons exist.
- Information on how you support yourself in Canada (e.g. letter from employer, bank statements etc) approximate CAD 56 per day.
- Hotel reservation. If you intend to stay with a friend/relative, provide invitation document (appendix E with "personbevis" - original).
- Copy of plane reservation/flight itinerary.
- Once the Embassy is able to confirm that a visa can be issued, proof of medical travel insurance with a minimum coverage of the equivalent of EUR 30,000 must be presented. The insurance has to be valid for the entire Schengen area and for the entire stay in Schengen PLUS an additional 14 days.
- Visa application fee of CAD 90 per person, children over the age of 6 included, payable when applying.