Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Social guilt

Combine Dopplr with carbon offsets and you get Offsetr.
The Dopplr Offsetr is a little tool that allows you to calculate the total mileage for your entire Dopplr Network. Based on that mileage, the tool then calculates the total carbon consumption for your network.

Offsetr queries the trips of your network (through what appears to be Google's authenticated API) and then calculates the aggregate carbon-guilt



Woody Allen would love this. Not only can you feel guilty for your own activities, you can feel guilty for the activities of your friends.

It appears I owe $1,750 (less in Canadian of course), this due in large part to the flying of David Recordon.



This while my own carbon contribution to my network is neglible



Sorry David but I'm going to have to let you go. I get enough guilt at home.

No comments: