- Cardspace is a pickup, reflecting its potential versatility for both work and play. Works for me, captures the uncertain fuel economy. Also begs the question - when shipped to the Midwest, will Cardspace come with gun racks and NRA bumper stickers?
- LID is deprecated in favour of OpenID, but a Unicycle is maintained as metaphor. It's fun to get around on but you can't carry groceries or beer with it.
- the recent Cardspace/OpenID integration is characterized as the OpenID unicycle thrown in the back of the pickup. The mental image I got from this is that the Cardspace truck gets you to the main destination, and then the OpenID unicycle serves as a handy runabout once there (like those tiny cars you see towed behind Winnebago's).
But, this isn't how the Cardspace/OpenID anti-phish integration works - Cardspace mostly stays put, it's OpenID that does the big mileage getting from the Cardspace authenticated IDP (thereby mitigating the phish) to the various SPs. So, it's more like the Cardspace driver dropping off the unicyclist at the freeway ramp, thereafter left to fend for themselves.
- SAML: SAML is a Honda Accord. Tried and tested, and you see them everywhere.
- ID-WSF: As far as I know, there are 4 maybe 5 space shuttles? I'd rather Liberty be considered the 777-300, state of the art and coming to an airline near you.
- WS-Federation: Too many ways to take this, I'm stumped.
We shouldn't forget Stefan, he has a turbocharger that, once we work out how to strap it on, promises a serious boost in power.