Friday, December 08, 2006

And you need this info why?

I signed up for Sirius radio.

In the middle of the registration I was asked to indicate the primary place of installation. And then I was presented with this

How nice, save me the effort of remembering my model by allowing me to provide the VIN and have them do the work. It's only been 5 hours and I'm already impressed by their customer service.

If I bothered to read it I bet their privacy policy would have a clause on the order of
We may use your vehicle VIN at some point in the future, for reasons as yet undetermined but nevertheless still governed by your acceptance of this policy.


I also quite liked the 'Please be sure to click Next to proceed to the next screen'. Did usability studies show that people lost track at this point? 'Now what was I here for .....?'

No comments: