There are a number of accredited sites that allow you to take the test online. Transport Canada's rules for online certification require there be a non-relative proctor present at the time
All Pleasure Craft Operator Card exams must be monitored by a test Supervisor. The Supervisor ensures that the person taking the exam:
- Has been identified correctly
- Does not use reference materials related to boating or boating safety
- Does not cheat
- Does not manually copy the test questions
- Does not communicate during the duration of the test
- Does not save, print, copy or otherwise reproduce the examTo be approved as a test Supervisor:
- You must be at least 18 years of age
- You must legally agree to BOATsmart! Canada’s Supervisor Rules and Procedures
- You CANNOT be related to the person taking the exam. You cannot be the child, grandchild, sibling, husband, wife, parent, or grandparent of the person taking the exam.
- You DO NOT require a Pleasure Craft Operator Card
- You DO NOT require boating experience
- Supervisor registration is FREE
What would be the federation assurance version of a 'non-relative'? Another vendor? A customer?